Coffee is not memorable because it is a daily habit. However, when I took up sketching in a travel notebook last October, daily moments have become etched in my memory. Sketching forces the brain to assess and understand the details of the surroundings, one becomes more attentive and in turn remembers the moments. I even remember individual cups of coffee I have had.
Here are the most memorable coffees I’ve sipped over the past 6 months:
7. Coffee in Chinatown Vancouver
6. Americano in Batards on Fraser Street, Vancouver
5. Take Away Coffee in Cervia, Italy
4. Gene Coffee in Mount Pleasant, Vancouver
3. Starbucks off Renfrew in Vancouver
2. Just down the street in North Vancouver
1. Doppio Espresso in Modica, Sicily
I was only able to start consistently sketching when my painting tools could conveniently fit into my purse so I could carry them with me and be ready to paint with convenience.
If you are interested in joining me sketching and sipping coffee, I am leading a workshop in Italy in April 2018! You can learn more about the trip here. In the meantime, please share your coffee sipping sketches with me – by commenting on the post or emailing me email@example.com